I do a lot of things wrong every single day, as a parent and a person. Lest you think my days ever go any different, I thought I’d break this one down for you. AHEM. Things I did wrong today:
1) I made the girls make their own beds. (Like they do every damn day. Not sure why today it made me the meanest mommy, but there you have it.)
2) I wasted my time driving 20 minutes to campus and 20 minutes back for a 20 minute meeting with a professor that gave me no insight as to how to run a focus group. This also cost me $20 for a babysitter. I guess 20 is the magic fail number. (Should have gone with a list of specific questions, for sure.)
3) While I was there, I accidentally reminded him that the assignment for the paper due today wasn’t open. (SORRY GRAD CLASS, I TOTALLY DIDN’T MEAN TO DO THAT.)
4) I didn’t have any red or orange Tootsie pops when I got home. The scandal.
5) I had to write an entire paper meaning that 1) I couldn’t play with the girls as much as they NEEDED RIGHT THIS SECOND and 2) I couldn’t let them play the Doge game.
6) I introduced them to the Doge game (technically yesterday’s mistake, but damn if I didn’t feel it today.)
7) My lap is too small for two five year olds.
8) I made one ice cream cone “wider” than another ice cream cone.
9) I dared to talk to another adult in the presence of the twins.
10) I handed my paper in late. (Also, it’s the worst paper I’ve written this semester. Oh well.)
11) I gave one twin two more pieces of popcorn than the other twin. They know because they meticulously counted each five different times.
12) I forgot to defrost the dinner meat. Again.
|Ordinary flowers by day…EMERGENCY DEFROST WEIGHT by night.|
13) I bought the sausage that has too much gristle again.
14) I let my kids stay up until 10 p.m. watching Full House. I did this because:
15) I posted on FB that I preferred Tangled to Frozen. Which resulted in this:
Because for fuck’s sake, DON’T mess with Frozen.